Yet more Welsh Harlequins 11-14 May 2015

Leave a comment

June 7, 2015 by janem213

Not the best hatch… the eggs were in one of Lou’s incys and the day she was due to bring them over for the last 3 days of ‘lockdown’* she emailed me: “I have a duckling hatching and not a lot of room in incubator” Aaaaaarrrrggghhhhhhh!!

*’Lockdown’ as many of you will know by following the blog, is the last 3 days of incubation, where the temperature is very slightly reduced and the humidity greatly increased.

With 19 eggs in the incy (way too many for the incy) I moved, as quickly as possible, 12 eggs to the hatcher leaving 7 in the incy. Sadly, the move did indeed compromise the hatch (alongside any other factors that I’m not aware of that might also have contributed) – only 6 of the 19 hatched, 3 in the hatcher and 3 in the incy.

The first duckling to hatch in the new hatcher (as last post)

image

With the two usual brooders full of other hatchlings I put the baby ducklings in the fish tank I’ve used for so many past hatches:

image

The 6 ducklings were collected soon after this photo

image

24 eggs in the incy 16th April.

By day 24, 5 eggs removed leaving 19.

11-14 May only 6 hatched…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: